How To: Return a Lost iPhone to Its Owner Using Siri

How To: Return a Lost iPhone to Its Owner Using Siri
I misplaced my iPhone 6 just a few weeks ago, so I know firsthand that losing an iPhone sucks. Luckily, my tale didn't have a bad ending.While at a bar, I went to use the restroom and mistakenly left my iPhone on an unguarded chair. When I returned, it was gone. Admittedly, there was no one to blame except myself, but that didn't make it any easier.I checked Find My iPhone over the next few days but nothing showed up, and I soon lost hope. A few days later, my dad told me that some guy called him about my missing iPhone. Ecstatic, I grabbed the guy's info from my dad, met up with him, and got my device back.Turns out, his girlfriend had accidentally taken it thinking it was his and shoved it into her purse. A few days later, she found the phone, turned it on, and realized it wasn't either of theirs.Since my phone was passcode-protected, I asked him how he knew to contact my father. He told me that he used Siri to pull up my information, then called him from there. Of course, I had to know how he did it. Please enable JavaScript to watch this video.

How to See the Owner's Information Using SiriHold down on the iPhone's Home button (aka Touch ID, if it's a newer model) to bring up Siri. Then, ask either of the two following questions."Who does this phone belong to?" "Who's phone is this?" Both variations of the question will bring up the Contacts page for the owner of the iPhone. Just make sure you don't say "iPhone" instead of "phone," or Siri will try to take you to Apple's product webpage.Siri will immediately show you the Contacts card for whoever is listed as the owner of the device. You should at least see the owner's full name, phone number, and email address, and you could also see alternative phone numbers, alternative emails, a home and/or work address, their birthday, and the names of any relatives and close friends. Calling the owner's phone number is pretty much useless, and if for some reason they don't have an alternative phone number or email address listed, you might be able to use Siri to call or text one of their relatives or friends to get in contact with them, just like the person that found my iPhone did.Thanks to this little-known, yet extremely useful iOS feature, I was able recover my lost iPhone and get back to my normal life. So the next time you find an iPhone, there should be no excuse as to why you can't return it to its rightful owner—it's just a simple question away.
How to Update Your "Me" Contacts CardFor the above to work well, just be sure that the "Me" card on your iPhone's Contacts list is continually updated with correct information for yourself. You can do that by going into the Contacts app and selecting your name. If you have multiple cards for your name in the Contacts app, select the one with "Me" beside it.If the "Me" is listed on the wrong card, for whatever reason, you can change it by going to the Settings app, opening up "Mail, Contacts, Calendars," tapping on "My Info" under the Contacts section, and selecting your Contacts card.
If You Don't Like Using Siri, Find My iPhone Is Still GoodWith all of the iOS security issues that have happened in the past, some of you may not want to keep Siri enabled on the lock screen. Plus, not everyone is nice enough to return a lost device.If that's the case, Find My iPhone is still your best option. You could put your iPhone in "Lost Mode" (where you give a secondary number to call) and hope that the person who has your device is like the person who had mine. If worse comes to worst, you can also remote wipe it.Let us know what you think of these tips by commenting below, or catch up with us over on Facebook, Google+, and Twitter.



News: It's Now Completely Legal to Unlock Your Cell Phone—President Obama Signs Bill News: Essential Phone Comes with an LED Notification Light — And It Better for That Price How To: The Easiest Way to Unlock the Bootloader on Your HTC EVO 4G LTE or Other HTC Smartphone
Block Cell Phone Signals on the Carrier of Your Choice by


I haven't been able to log into my Blogger account for my blog or into the Gmail of the same account. I remember the recovery mail that I'd connected and I've tried using the account recovery several
Account Recovery - EVE Online


How To: This Super Simple Mod Improves & Speeds Up Web Surfing on Your Samsung Galaxy S3 How To : Fix Cellular & Wi-Fi Issues on Your iPhone in iOS 12 How To : What All the Bluetooth & Wi-Fi Symbols Mean in iOS 11's New Control Center (Blue, Gray, or Crossed Out)
Root Apps Not Working with Magisk? Here's What to Do


At the top of this screen, confirm that Deleted Mailbox redirects to Trash if you want to swipe to delete emails. When you set swiping to Archive instead of delete, set the Archive Mailbox to All Mail. With archiving set as the action for discarding mail, you can still delete from the archiving button but not by swiping; you have to select More
How to Enable Swipe to Delete in Windows 10 Mail


How to install iOS 13 beta 1 on your iPhone or iPad right now. Chris Smith @chris_writes. June 3rd, 2019 at 3:23 PM. Share Tweet.
How to Install iOS 10 Public Beta on iPhone / iPad


xda-developers Huawei Nexus 6P Nexus 6P General [GUIDE] Unlock/Root/Flash for Nexus 6P by Heisenberg XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality.
[HOW-TO] The Nexus 6 All-In-One Beginner's G… | Nexus 6


Notes for GMail is a user-friendly extension for Chrome that allows you to annotate your emails by using sticky notes within your Gmail. Although these notes are private by default, you can instantly share them on Facebook or Twitter whenever needed.
FREE: Digital Sticky Notes for Gmail Emails | cloudHQ Blog


However, there are a couple of work arounds to get the app, no matter where in the world you live. To download Facebook Paper or for that matter any app that is not available globally and only in
How can I get back my old facebook account? « Null Byte


When you sign in to your Google Account, you can see and manage your info, activity, security options, and privacy preferences to make Google work better for you. You can review and adjust some privacy options now, and find even more controls if you sign in or create an account.
Managing Your Google+ Privacy Settings - Trend Micro

How to Circumvent an internet proxy or browser filters


NEW YORK - August 31, 2016 - Samsung Electronics America, Inc. today unveiled the Gear S3, a striking and innovative smartwatch that further expands Samsung's diverse wearables portfolio. With the new Gear S3 joining Gear Fit2 and Gear S2, Samsung will continue to meet the varying needs of
samsung gear s smartwatch - Best Buy

0 comments:

Post a Comment